Forum Logo 510 x 65.png

BUFFALO, N. [url=http://www.thebuccaneersfansclub.com/Black-Friday-Mike-Alstott-Jers ey/]Mike Alstott Jersey[/url] .Y. -- First,

in Herzlich willkommen! 25.01.2018 09:16
von jokergreen0220 | 1.395 Beiträge | 8370 Punkte

BUFFALO, N. Mike Alstott Jersey .Y. -- First, Ryan Miller. Now, Pat LaFontaine. A day after trading their star goalie to St. Louis, the Buffalo Sabres lost another face of their franchise after LaFontaine abruptly resigned as president of hockey operations on Saturday a little more than three months after being brought in to provide a new direction to the NHLs last-place team. The Sabres announced the decision in a news release issued after speculation had been raised of a potential front-office shake-up involving LaFontaine. "I would like to thank Pat for all he has done for the organization," Sabres owner Terry Pegula said in the release. "Pat joined us at a very difficult time, and helped transition the organization down a new path." The Sabres said LaFontaine would be returning to his previous role working with the National Hockey League. LaFontaine had been working with the league on player safety issues before being hired by the Sabres in mid-November. The former Sabres captains arrival was hailed as a major turning point for a struggling team. LaFontaine took over following a change in the front office during which general manager Darcy Regier and coach Ron Rolston were dismissed following the Sabres 4-15-1 start. LaFontaines first move was hiring former Sabres coach Ted Nolan to take over as coach on an interim basis for the remainder of the season. LaFontaines next step came in January, when he hired Tim Murray as general manager. "Terry Pegula hired me in November, and my primary objective was to lead the Sabres organization through a time of transition," LaFontaine said in the Sabres release. "Im proud of what weve been able to accomplish in a short period of time, and want to thank Terry and Kim Pegula for the opportunity and their support during my time with the Sabres." LaFontaines resignation still comes as a major surprise. In January, LaFontaine talked openly about how he would use his connections to USA Hockey in a bid to lure national and international events to Buffalo. He leaves a day after Murray made his first big splash by trading star goalie Ryan Miller and captain Steve Ott to the St. Louis Blues. In exchange, the Sabres acquired goalie Jaroslav Halak, forward Chris Stewart, prospect William Carrier, a 2015 first-round pick and a conditional 2016 third-round pick in a deal reached in advance of the NHL trade deadline on Wednesday. The Sabres (18-34-8) had the day off on Saturday, and return to practice on Sunday before travelling to play at Dallas on Monday. They remain in last place, but are enjoying their first three-game winning streak following a 4-2 win over the San Jose Sharks on Friday. This is not the first time LaFontaine has abruptly stepped down as an NHL team executive. In July 2006, LaFontaine quit the New York Islanders a little over a month after being brought in to serve as senior adviser to owner Charles Wang. In Buffalo, LaFontaines absence was notable this week once the team returned to the ice following the leagues Olympic break. He was not spotted in the press box during the Sabres three-game homestand that began with a 3-2 win over Carolina on Tuesday. That was unusual because LaFontaine had previously spent time watching games from the press-box level in Pegulas box, alongside Murray and several of the owners associates. LaFontaine also missed the teams "Power Play Luncheon" for fans on Friday, when he was scheduled to speak along with fellow former Sabres greats Gilbert Perreault, Rene Robert and Danny Gare. The crowd was informed LaFontaine had the flu. The Sabres have become a top-heavy organization since Regiers dismissal. Pegula created the position of president of hockey operations to hire LaFontaine. And Pegula did so only after LaFontaine declined a chance to become the GM by saying he didnt think he had enough experience for that job. Along with hiring Murray, the Sabres also brought in Hockey Hall of Fame member and long-time executive Craig Patrick to serve as a special adviser. LaFontaine backed the hiring of Murray and Patrick, by referring to both as his "wingers." He also discussed how important it was for him to be building a front-office team that could work together in rebuilding a team that has missed the playoffs in each of the past two seasons, and not won a playoff round since reaching the 2007 Eastern Conference finals. Its not clear what effect LaFontaines departure will have on the teams short-term future, including Nolans status. Murray said this week hes already had discussions with Nolan about extending his contract beyond this season. Robert McClain Jersey . -- Albert Pujols is thrilled to have a reason to forget about his first two disappointing seasons with the Los Angeles Angels. DeSean Jackson Jersey . The Earthquakes (6-9-7) were coming off a 5-0 loss at home last Saturday to FC Dallas. Even with the draw, the Sounders (13-7-3) climbed back into a tie for both the Western Conference and overall top spot in MLS. Seattle, West co-leader Real Salt Lake and East leader Sporting Kansas City all have 42 points. http://www.thebuccaneersfansclub.com/Black-Friday-Jameis-Winston-Jersey/ . Klein went undrafted in the NFL last year following his senior season with the Wildcats. He was invited to the Houston Texans rookie camp, but was not offered a contract. DURHAM, N.C. -- Theyll remember the OT from the first Syracuse-Duke game -- and the Ts that decided Round 2. The rematch of one of college basketballs best games of the season ended with Hall of Fame coach Jim Boeheim ejected after he charged onto the court to argue a block/charge call. Rodney Hood scored 13 points and drew that game-changing charging call, which helped No. 5 Duke beat No. 1 Syracuse 66-60 on Saturday night. "I just thought that was the worst call of the year, thats all," Boeheim said. "I hated to see the game decided on that call." Freshman Jabari Parker had 19 points and 10 rebounds for the Blue Devils (22-6, 11-4 Atlantic Coast Conference). Jerami Grant had 17 points and C.J. Fair, the player who was called for the charge, finished with 13 for the Orange (25-2, 12-2). The first meeting between these teams was an overtime game considered an instant classic and won by Syracuse. The rematch was just as close but it will be remembered more for Boeheims exit with about 10 seconds to play. "Both teams were worthy of winning this game, and both teams were worthy of winning up there," Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said. "So going 1-1 was probably the way it should be." Syracuse had the ball down 60-58 when Fair drove for an apparent tying layup. But official Tony Greene whistled Fair for charging -- and Boeheim shot onto the court to argue. Greene slapped him with two technical fouls and ejected him. "People will remember this one for 30 years because the old coach went out there and got a little excited," Boeheim said. "I think the fans will remember Jim Boeheim down here. Two great games." Quinn Cook iced it by hitting three free throws with 10.4 seconds left to make it 63-58. That helped the Blue Devils bounce back from a loss to hated rival North Carolina less than 48 hours earlier. It meant they avoided their first regular-season losing streak since 2009 and it extended their winning streak at Cameron Indoor Stadium to 31 games. "Thats the way its going to be in the ACC tournament and then the NCAA," Parker said. "Weve got to play back-to-back competitive games, but I think were going to get used to it." Meanwhile, the Orange -- whose 25-0 start was spoiled three nights earlier by an overtime loss at home to sub-.500 Boston College -- are the first top-ranked team to lose twice in a week since Texas in 2010. "I dont think well probably play anymore," Boeheim said, his words laced with sarcasm. "I think well just give up." It was Dukes ninth win over a No. 1-ranked team and first since 1997. Star freshman Tyler Ennis of Brampton, Ont., finished with nine points on 2-of-13 shooting and he and fellow starting guard Trevor Cooney combined to miss all five of theiir 3-point attempts for the Orange. Clinton McDonald Jersey. . Three times in the final 90 seconds, they had the ball down by three or fewer points -- but all anyone will remember is that drive by Fair. He blew past Tyler Thornton along the left baseline and -- as Hood slid over to cut him off -- he flipped up a shot that banked in. Greene blew his whistle and waved it off to call Fair for charging. "Regardless of whether they called a block or a charge, I was going to be there and help Tyler out," Hood said. "I honestly didnt know (what the call would be). ... I thought I was there the whole time, but you never know." That brought an incensed Boeheim off the bench and well onto the court to argue. Once he was tossed, the game was effectively over. "I think maybe (if) we didnt get the techs, we probably still had a chance to win," Fair said. This one always seemed destined for a tight finish, even after Duke appeared to take control down the stretch. The Blue Devils scored on six consecutive possessions, keyed by Cooks 3-pointer that pushed the lead to 53-47 with just under 7 minutes left. Three trips later, Parker soared to dunk the rebound of Hoods missed 3 -- which restored the Blue Devils six-point lead and sent the Cameron Crazies into earsplitting delirium. But Ennis followed with a layup and Grant hit a jumper in transition, and things stayed tight until those technical fouls. The game again matched the two winningest mens coaches in Division I history in Hall of Famers Krzyzewski and Boeheim -- who, by the end of the night, combined for 1,924 victories. Round 1 went to Boeheim earlier this month in a game for the ages, with the Orange claiming a 91-89 victory in overtime after Dukes Rasheed Sulaimon hit a buzzer-beating, tying 3 at the end of regulation before 35,446 fans at the Carrier Dome. There were about one-quarter of that many at 9,314-seat Cameron -- but the 74-year-old building rocked all night with a ferocity usually reserved for the annual visit from North Carolina. "Another great game. Different from the first one because it seemed like both teams were scoring easy up in Syracuse, and today it was really difficult to score," Krzyzewski said. "I dont know how either team could play any harder." And from the opening tip, this one felt like a continuation of that OT thriller -- with players from both sides turning in highlight-reel plays, from Marshall Plumlees vicious dunk of a missed 3 by Sulaimon, to Ennis emphatic block of a layup by Cook. Syracuse maxed out its lead at nine on a 3-pointer by Duke transfer Michael Gbinije midway through the first half. The Blue Devils rallied to tie it at 26 at the break on Sulaimons fast-break layup with about a minute left, and it stayed tense the rest of the way. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Schachforum64 © 2013 | Die Nutzung des Webboards zu gewerblichen Zwecken ohne ausdrückliche Genehmigung ist untersagt.
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: crawley81219
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 1156 (gestern 1456) Gäste und 14 (gestern 15) Mitglieder online

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8924 Themen und 24234 Beiträge.

Heute waren 14 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 91 Benutzer (25.12.2017 13:48).

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen