Forum Logo 510 x 65.png

LOS ANGELES -- Chris Arreola once wanted to win football championships at Southern California. [url=http://www.authenticnuggetsp

in Herzlich willkommen! 16.12.2017 10:23
von jokergreen0220 | 1.050 Beiträge | 6300 Punkte

LOS ANGELES -- Chris Arreola once wanted to win football championships at Southern California. Gary Harris Jersey . Now that hes heading to the USC campus with a shot at a heavyweight title instead, hes determined not to waste it. Arreola (36-3, 31 KOs) has never been a boxer who seemed to worry much about missed opportunities, but the hard-hitting brawler from Riverside, Calif., realizes whats at stake when he faces Bermane Stiverne on May 10 at the Galen Center in downtown Los Angeles. "This is everything I always wanted to have, so I cant let it get away," Arreola said. The winner gets the vacant WBC heavyweight title, replacing the retired Vitali Klitschko. Nearly five years after Klitschko beat him just down Figueroa Street at Staples Center, Arreola has another chance to become the first Mexican-American heavyweight champion. Those stakes are enough to get the attention of Arreola, whose wavering professionalism and weight problems have defined him nearly as much as his punishing punches. Stiverne (23-1-1, 20 KOs) beat Arreola a year ago in a clear decision, announcing his own arrival as a contender by breaking Arreolas nose in the third round. Arreola acknowledged giving a poor effort in training for the bout at home in Riverside. "Ive been ready for this fight since I got out of the ring with (Stiverne) last year," Arreola said. "Ive got to stay in the gym. Ive got to stay committed to the sport I love so much." To that end, Arreolas trainer, Henry Ramirez, has moved their camp to San Diego, hoping its far enough away from Arreolas familiar haunts and questionable influences in Riverside. Ramirez moved Arreola to Phoenix to prepare for his fight against Seth Mitchell last September, and a fit, focused Arreola responded by stopping Mitchell in the first round. Arreola is aware of the biggest obstacle in his boxing career, and it isnt his opponent. "Im my own worst enemy," he said. "Im my danger. When Im at home, its 15 miles to my gym, and Ill find something. Ill get a flat (tire) on accident. In San Diego, theres only one set of car keys. If I want to do something, Ive got to run or walk, and you know how much I like to do that." Stiverne, a Haitian-born heavyweight living in Florida, is a relatively late arrival to title contention, although that didnt stop his promoter, Don King, from referring to the 35-year-old fighter as "a young Tyson." Stiverne hasnt lost since July 2007, but hasnt fought since soundly beating Arreola. Stiverne hoped for a shot at Klitschko late last year, but Klitschko had an injured right hand. Arreolas rematch with Stiverne is the second of three high-profile boxing shows in the Los Angeles area in a four-week span this spring. Lucas Matthysse, Keith Thurman and Omar Figueroa Jr. all will appear on an outdoor card in Carson on April 26, while Juan Manuel Marquez faces Mike Alvarado on May 17 in the sports return to the refurbished Forum in Inglewood. Trey Lyles Jersey . Sources tell TSN that union executives travelled to select CFL cities Monday to open dialogue with players and answer questions. After the tentative deal was reached Saturday night, several players posted messages of frustration and disappointment on social media - and that carried over into Sunday on both the web and the field. Dikembe Mutombo Jersey . She was a pioneer. She did things on skis that made the birds take notice. http://www.authenticnuggetsproshop.com/Nikola-Jokic-Jersey/ . Selected by the Titans in the 2007 NFL Draft, Johnson rejoined the club last season after a five-year stint with Indianapolis.Dwyane Wade and LeBron James made speeches.Bosh got to dunk Juwan Howard in a dunk tankWade did the same to Heat coach Erik SpoelstraWade and Gabrielle Union played party gamesIt looks like it may have been a good time, if hanging out with LeBron James is your kind of thing or whatever. Paul Millsap Jersey. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Schachforum64 © 2013 | Die Nutzung des Webboards zu gewerblichen Zwecken ohne ausdrückliche Genehmigung ist untersagt.
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: sunulleffaq
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 775 (gestern 1670) Gäste und 8 (gestern 12) Mitglieder online

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 7130 Themen und 21355 Beiträge.

Heute waren 8 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 91 Benutzer (25.12.2017 13:48).

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen