Forum Logo 510 x 65.png

The players should

in Herzlich willkommen! 12.12.2017 04:10
von jokergreen0220 | 660 Beiträge | 3960 Punkte

PINEHURST, N. Kam Chancellor Jersey .C. - With pigtails and plenty of giggles, Lucy Li just wants to have fun like any 11-year-old girl. Except that shes playing the biggest event in womens golf. Li, a sixth-grader from the Bay Area who doesnt appear to be the least bit overwhelmed by the attention around her, became the youngest qualifier in U.S. Womens Open history when she shot 68 at Half Moon Bay last month to win her sectional by seven shots. She celebrated by having dinner at her favourite restaurant and watching "The Amazing Spiderman 2." Now its time for the amazing Lucy Li show. "She looks so darn cute," said Michelle Wie, who didnt make it to her first Womens Open until she was 13. "I was like, I dont think I looked that cute when I was 11. But she just looks so excited, so wide-eyed. ... And Im just really so excited for her to be out. Its a memory that will last her a lifetime. What other 11-year-old can say that they played in the U.S. Open at Pinehurst? And she got to see the men play, too." Life is moving at warp speed for little Lucy Li. She only became serious about golf four years ago when she set up shop in Miami to work with Jim McLean. Just two months ago, the precocious 11-year-old with a mouth full of braces won her age division in the inaugural Drive, Chip and Putt Championship at Augusta National. And now shes at Pinehurst No. 2, ready to take on the course where Martin Kaymer won the U.S. Open on Sunday. "Its awesome, right?" she said. "I mean, Pinehurst and Augusta National in like two months. I mean, thats just amazing. Its mind-blowing for me. Its been awesome, because its been ... I mean, the food is great and its been a lot of fun. Ive made a lot of friends." Theres something about U.S. Womens Open in the North Carolina sandhills that attracts all the kids. Morgan Pressel qualified when she was 12 and had just turned 13 when the Womens Open was down the street at Pine Needles in 2001 (Li wasnt even born then). Lexi Thompson qualified and played at 12 when it returned to Pine Needles in 2007. Too young? Both went on to win major championships. "Look, if youre good enough, youre old enough — or young enough, whichever way you look at it," Laura Davies said. "If you can play the golf and you can qualify, then have a go. Whats the worst that can happen? She shoots a million this week and everyone says, Wasnt it great she was here? So I dont think anything bad can come out of it because shes too young to worry about the pressure. "Shes just having fun. Shes got a week off school. Its perfect." Li looked as if she was having a blast on a broiling day of practice Tuesday. She went nine holes with a local caddie. Then, it was time for a press conference, which drew the largest crowd of the day. Her pigtails in braids, held by clips the shape of hearts, she twirled in her chair waiting for it to start. She giggled before just about every answer, including one about whether her father could beat her. She laughed. She laughed again. And then she moved closer to the microphone and said, "No." But the kid made one thing clear. Shes not out to prove anything. She not out to make history. "The perfect week? I just want to go out there and have fun and play the best I can, and I really dont care about the outcome," Li said. "I want to have fun and learn. I want to learn a lot from these great players." She is not the youngest player in Womens Open history. Beverly Klass was 10 when she played in 1967, before there was qualifying. The youngest player to make the cut was Marlene Hagge, who was 13 in the 1947 Open at Starmount Forest in North Carolina. Among the favourites this week is Lydia Ko, the youngest LPGA Tour winner in history at 15 in the Canadian Womens Open two years ago. Age is becoming irrelevant, though something about the number "11" grabs the attention. "I saw her on the range this morning for the first time and didnt really watch her hit any balls — just how little she was, and the pigtails kind of caught me off guard," Stacy Lewis said. "But Im not a big fan of it. She qualified, so we cant say anything about that. You qualify for an Open, its a great thing. I just like to see kids be successful at every level before they come out here. "When I found out she qualified, I said, Well, where does she go from here? What do you next? I dont know. If it was my kid, I wouldnt let her play in the U.S. Open qualifier at 11. But thats just me." Li played in the U.S. Womens Amateur last year at 10. She was the youngest to qualify for match play at the U.S. Womens Amateur Public Links. The idea to try to qualify for the Womens Open was "mine." "Because I wanted to go out there and get the experience," she said. "Because its 36 holes and I didnt care if I qualified or not. I didnt think about it. I just wanted to go for the experience." Patrick Kerney Jersey . The shortstop still grieves, but it will be nights like the one Segura had in a 5-2 victory Monday over the Cincinnati Reds that will provide some distraction. Richard Sherman Jersey . -- Falcons running back Steven Jackson, who has missed the last four games with a hamstring injury, is expected to practice on Wednesday. http://www.footballseahawksfanatics.com/authentic-cortez-kennedy-seahawks-jersey/ .com) - Winnipeg Jets defenseman Dustin Byfuglien, Detroit Red Wings forward Tomas Tatar and New York Islanders right wing Kyle Okposo were named the NHLs players of the week on Monday.LONDON -- Manchester City took charge of the Premier League title race as Edin Dzeko and Yaya Toure scored first-half goals to secure a 2-0 win at Crystal Palace on Sunday. A couple of hours after leader Liverpool lost 2-0 against Chelsea at home, City cut its deficit to the Reds to three points with one game in hand. If they win their three remaining matches and keep their superior goal difference, Citys players would be crowned champions. "It was a happy day and it was very important for us," City manager Manuel Pellegrini said. "Before today we were depending on other teams. Now we continue as we were two weeks ago, depending only on what we do. But its not finished, we have to play three games more. We will see in the future who will be the best." City will play at Everton on Saturday and could knock Liverpool off its perch on goal difference before the Reds play at Palace the next Monday. "It was very important not to be thinking about the result of Chelsea vs. Liverpool," Pellegrini said. "We just needed to concentrate on ourselves, and the players did it in a very professional way, knowing that if we beat Crystal Palace we would have our future in our hands." Having recovered from a thigh problem, Toure made a spectacular return to competition in a stellar man of the match display, setting up Dzekos opener in the fourth minute with a precise cross that the striker headed home. The powerful midfielder then started and concluded a superb collective move two minutes before halftime with a curling effort. Toure has scored 19 league goals this season and his return is a massive boost to Citys ambitions. "To be honest, we were looking a little bit at the Liverpool vs. Chelsea game," Toure said. "It was a tricky game but we did well. We have just three games left and we want to focus on winning those." After Liverpools earlier slip-up, City players got off to the best possible start at Selhurst Park as the returning Toure crossed for Dzeko, who jumped between two defenders and headed past Julian Speroni from close range to open the scoring. Undeterred by the goal and having secured their topflight status last weekend, Palace put on an attacking display as Yannnick Bolasie created danger on both flanks and Cameron Jerome caused havoc in Citys central defence. Tedric Thompson Jersey. Palaces first real chance came in the 18th minute when Jason Puncheon tried his luck from the edge of the box but his effort was too weak for City keeper Joe Hart. Still, Pellegrinis team looked in control and City captain Vincent Kompany had a superb chance to double the title contenders lead a few minutes later but his powerful header from close range from Samir Nasris corner ended just wide. The game toughened up toward the end of the first half and referee Howard Webb had to show yellow cards to Damien Delaney and Pablo Zabaleta before Samir Nasri received treatment following a contact with Puncheon. Toure then turned from provider to scorer two minutes before the interval by finishing off a superb move he initiated on the halfway line. The Ivory Coast international played a one-two with Dzeko then passed the ball to Nasri, with the Frenchman putting it back into his path before Toure imposed his physical strength in the area and slotted home. Palace was on the front foot at the start of the second half, with Hart forced to a dive down to his right to deny Puncheons effort. But Tony Pulis players were too often wasteful with their final pass. Chamakh was among the culprits, ignoring Puncheon on his right before misfiring a long pass toward Bolasie. Jerome then wasted a superb pass from Chamakh in the back of the City defence as he took too much time after a heavy first touch. Toure was applauded by fans from both teams as he was replaced by Fernandinho after 65 minutes while Pulis tried to reinvigorate his team with the introduction of Glenn Murray and Dwight Gayle. The move did not pay off and City kept creating the best chances -- with Sergio Aguero and James Milner combining well down the right flank before Palace keeper Julian Speroni saved Dzekos deflected effort with his leg -- as Palaces record-equaling run of five consecutive Premier League wins was brought to an abrupt end. "I dont think the players played at their maximum today," Pulis said. "And the Chelsea result before the game gave City a massive boost. The players should not worry about that too much." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Schachforum64 © 2013 | Die Nutzung des Webboards zu gewerblichen Zwecken ohne ausdrückliche Genehmigung ist untersagt.
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: hongwei28
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 462 (gestern 905) Gäste und 13 (gestern 8) Mitglieder online

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5295 Themen und 16655 Beiträge.

Heute waren 13 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 91 Benutzer (25.12.2017 13:48).

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen