Forum Logo 510 x 65.png

walking his final two hitters.

in Herzlich willkommen! 30.11.2017 03:52
von jokergreen0220 | 905 Beiträge | 5430 Punkte

TAMPA, Fla. Brandon Mashinter Jersey . -- There are two ways to look at Dale Weise scoring the Game 1 overtime winner for the Montreal Canadiens. From a glass-half-empty perspective, the Habs probably shouldnt have needed the fourth-liner to score after outshooting the Tampa Bay Lightning by more than double in regulation and dominating the play. From a glass-half-full perspective, they can be thankful they spread the scoring around five different players. Thats the kind of depth that can propel a team in the playoffs, and while the power play tops the list of what must improve for Game 2 and beyond in this series, the Habs are confident in the bevy of scoring options they have up and down the lineup. "Its playoffs, I think you see a lot of guys like Weiser, a lot of guys in his kind of role are going to score those big goals in overtime or late in the third period," winger Rene Bourque said. "Its nice, though, we do have depth. We could rotate guys in and out of the lineup from the first to the fourth line." The Habs got goals from the first (Thomas Vanek), second (Tomas Plekanec), third (Lars Eller and Brian Gionta) and fourth line (Weise) in Game 1 on Wednesday night. That kind of scoring balance makes it hard for any opponent to key on one line. "We need contributions from everyone if we want to have success," coach Michel Therrien said. "You need to use and you need to show confidence in all your players when you go to the playoffs." Therrien showed plenty of confidence in his forwards, playing each at least 12 minutes. That includes almost a full extra period because of overtime, but its not like the fourth line of Weise, Daniel Briere and Michael Bournival got benched when the game was on the line. The Habs put 35 shots on net in regulation to the Lightnings 16. That was one reason why defenceman P.K. Subban liked the "structure" of play so much. "I cant remember the last game we outshot a team," Subban said. "For us, structurally, I thought we did a great job." Problem is, the Habs did a great job and still couldnt close the deal. No lead lasted more than four minutes, and they could never take a stranglehold on the game. One reason was that Montreals power-play drought extended to 0 goals in its last 25 chances dating to March 26. Therrien put his team through some power-play work at Tampa Bay Times Forum on Thursday. "Im confident as a coach that it will be more productive," he said. "By working, by communicating, by teaching, this is the way we believe that eventually were going to be better." Subban put the blame on everyone, saying the defencemen need to do a better job of putting the puck in better places for forwards to retrieve it. As for what exactly isnt working, check the scoreboard. "You know what? Were not scoring," Subban said. "Its just not going in for us. If we score, it changes everything." In addition to the power play, the Habs might want to stop giving up as many quality chances as they did. After the 5-4 victory, captain Brian Gionta called the shot total "misleading" because the Lightning had several golden opportunities. Those opportunities, and the goals that resulted, also frustrated goaltender Carey Price. The Habs dont want that. "I think hockeys a game of mistakes and you see yesterday, they capitalized on every mistake we made," Bourque said. "Weve just got to tighten up defensively a little bit more." Players and Therrien expect plenty of adjustments and for this to be a long series that changes as it develops. But even winning Game 1 the Habs know what they cannot continue to do. "If we give up four goals Im not sure were going to win the next game," Therrien said. "There were a few breakdowns that were going to approach with our team to make sure were more solid." Follow (at)SWhyno on Twitter Chris Tierney Jersey .com) - The Kansas City Chiefs activated linebacker Joe Mays from short-term injured reserve on Saturday. Joe Thornton Jersey . - The width of Alec Martinezs shin guard was the difference between the Los Angeles Kings and the Anaheim Ducks in their playoff series opener. http://www.officialsharksnhlshop.com/mikkel-boedker-jersey/ . - New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis says the club has an agreement to bring back outside linebacker Parys Haralson on a one-year deal.DUNEDIN, Fla. -- Carlos Beltran homered for his first hit this spring, leading the New York Yankees past the Toronto Blue Jays 8-2 on Sunday. Jose Bautista hit his second homer in exhibition play for the Blue Jays. Beltrans solo home run came in the third off reliever Todd Redmond and landed far over the right-field fence. It capped a four-run inning that included a two-run homer by Eduardo Nunez. Beltran signed a three-year, $45 million contract with the Yankees in the off-season. He batted .296 with 24 homers and 84 RBIs with the St. Louis Cardinals last year. "You want to see guys swinging the bat well, obviously, but its really important at the end," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "It doesnt really matter sometimes. You can be swinging the bat horrible at the end of spring training and get off to a hot start and vice versa. But its always nice to see." Bautista connected off Vidal Nuno in the first. Nuno struck out three and gave up two hits in two innings. Toronto starter Esmil Rogers tossed two innings and allowed an earned run. The right-hander gave up three hits and struck out one. Jose Reyes, Edwin Encarnacion, Melky Cabrera and Adam Lind each doubled for the Blue Jays. Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter did not play. STARTING TIME Blue Jays: Rogers threw 36 pitches and worked almost-exclusively on his changeup, which he said is progressing well. "Thats what I was working for," Rogers said. "Down in the Dominican (Republic) during winter ball, I worked on my changeup and now I feel more comfortable. I got it before. The only reason is I didnt have too much confidence to throw that. Right now, I can throw anything I want." Rogers was 5-9 with a 4.77 ERA in 44 games with the Blue Jays last season. He is a candidate for the fifth spot in the rotation. Yankees: Nuno said he felt as if he "got a little happy with the fastball," which led to Bautistas home run. Nuno, who is a contender for the fifth spot in the rotation, appeared in five games with the Yankees last season and made three starts. He finished 1-2 with a 2.25 ERA. "Overall, Im just pleased a little bit with how the outcome came," he said. "It was just one pitch and Bautista just hit it out. Rourke Chartier Jersey. Location was good and everything. (My fastball) just got overused a little bit and I wasnt using my secondary (pitches) like I was supposed to do." TRAINERS ROOM Blue Jays: Colby Rasmus was scratched from Sundays lineup because of a stiff neck. Rasmus was set to bat seventh, but opted to sit as a precaution. He does not expect it to be a long-term issue and hopes to return in a "couple days." "I feel all right, I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning," Rasmus said. Anthony Gose took Rasmus place in centre field and was 0 for 3 with a strikeout. Manager John Gibbons said closer Casey Janssen had an MRI on his sore right shoulder, but it did not show any damage. "Its just inflamed," Gibbons said. "Theres a lot of wear and tear on a guy over the years. Hes smart, backed off and well give him a little breather. Theres still a full month (of spring training) left. Hell be ready to go." Janssen, who saved 34 games for the Blue Jays last season, said he plans to rest and start throwing again in a few days. Yankees: Girardi said first baseman Mark Teixeira, limited to 15 games last season because of a right wrist injury, might play in his first spring training game on Thursday or Friday. Alfonso Soriano, recovering from flu-like symptoms, went through a workout Sunday morning that included batting practice and defensive drills. The outfielder/designated hitter could play in his first exhibition game in the next few days. FIRE DRILL The Yankees dealt with a minor scare before the game when a towel inside of a dryer caught fire in the grounds crew clubhouse located next door to the teams clubhouse. Girardi joked that "it got a little smoky" and said some players evacuated. There was no reported damage or injuries. PINEDA PITCHES Yankees fifth starter candidate Michael Pineda, who missed the past two seasons after right shoulder surgery, threw 21 of 35 pitches for strikes in a simulated game. He faced 10 batters, allowing two hits, striking out one and walking his final two hitters. Pineda and Hiroki Kuroda are scheduled to pitch in Fridays game against the Tigers in Tampa. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Schachforum64 © 2013 | Die Nutzung des Webboards zu gewerblichen Zwecken ohne ausdrückliche Genehmigung ist untersagt.
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: fanfeir
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 334 (gestern 319) Gäste und 6 (gestern 6) Mitglieder online

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 6456 Themen und 20319 Beiträge.

Heute waren 6 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 91 Benutzer (25.12.2017 13:48).

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen